I’ve got my flight and hotel booked, so now it’s time to start making plans. If you haven’t been to NAB – it’s massive. All three halls of the Las Vegas Convention Center are filled with shinny new video gear.
So what am I looking at?
- Avid: Kinda quiet on rumors from inside the purple triangle, but there are a few very interesting wisps in the air…
- EditShare: Some new acquisitions – including Lightworks of all things will make it an interesting NAB for Andy and the crew
- Facilis: The full roll-out of the shared fill system will break down the cross-platform wall, and a snazzy new website as well
- Sony: The EX family is solid so I’m looking for incremental improvements. Also solid state SR – and people complain about the cost of SxS cards
- Panasonic: 3D and really big plasmas will be the big highlights, but I really just want to see the single P2 card reader shipping
- Broadcast Pix: Got up close and personal with the new Granite switcher a couple of weeks ago – very slick! Check out the new app to run Broadcast Pix on the new Apple iPad.
More to come.