One of the more interesting products I’ve been introduced to lately is Cinedeck – a combination video recorder and super high quality video monitor that mounts to a camera.
Why is it so cool?
– It levels the playing field… It gives anyone with a HDMI/HD-SDI/LAN-capable camera access to onboard cinema-grade recording in the field or on set, at a price that nearly anyone can afford.
– It’s actually portable…. It’s a focus monitor, recording deck and preview/playback monitor in one ultra-compact, lightweight package. You can take it literally anywhere you can take a camera.
– It extends the life of legacy cameras…. It enables many legacy cameras with high quality sensors to bypass their lesser quality on board tape or media recorders (DV, HDV, DVCPRO-HD), effectively extending the life of a wide array of camera equipment.
– It’s upgradeable… It ensures the system is always up-to-date; adding new levels of flexibility, extensibility and providing future-proofinginvestment protection.
– It’s massively compatible… Cinedeck EXTREME uses standard removable 2.5″ laptop form factor SSD recording media. The captured files are ready for editing immediately in Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer v5.0, and Adobe Premiere Pro. Time consuming ingest and transcoding has been eliminated.
– It’s designed with travelling light in mind… Cinedeck EXTREME weighs less than 4 pounds.
You can see the Cinedeck in action here – www.cinedeck.com/videomanuals . We’ll have the Portland debut of the Cinedeck in about a month so stay tuned for more info.