Unlike most other professional editing systems, Final Cut Pro users have had to endure a sometimes long import process to get to their Sony XDCam EX files. No longer.
Sony is now promoting Cinemon™.mp4 Software plug-in for Apple Final Cut Pro.
With this plug-in, editors will have no longer have to transcode or rewrap files before editing. That means drag and drop, instantaneous file import of XDCam EX files directly to FCP as well as native playback of XDCam EX™ camcorder files and even playback of XDCam EX camcorder files directly from SxS Cards. Since Apple has seemingly been asleep while the video industry continues to innovate, this is a real game changer.
- Version V1.2 of the cinémon™ .mp4 plug-in for Final Cut Pro allows native editing of the following formats in Final Cut Pro sequences:
– XDCam EX (MP4) 35 Mbps 60i/50i/23.98p/25p/29.97p
– XDCam EX (MP4) 25 Mbps 60i/50i/23.98p
– Files exported via XDCam Transfer Tool (MP4)
The direct link to the Sony XDCam Microsite is below:
More good news for users of NXCam Camcorders.
Apple just released FCP 7.03 that Sony says solves all pending interoperability issues with NXCAM.
At last Final Cut users can use NXcam camcorders exclusive uncompressed LPCM audio without enduring longer ingest time. FCP 7.0.3 adds:
• Improved log and transfer/FCP compatibility with NXCAM files: (1) AVCHD™ Time Code capture technology, (2) the speed of importing AVCHD technology with LPCM audio is now similar to AC3, & (3) added compatibility with NXCAM MPEG2 SD file format.
• FCP 7.03 download site: https://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/download/
• FCP 7.03 release notes: https://support.apple.com/kb/TS2521
Not sure what these two announcements mean for users of Panasonic’s AVCHD or JVC’s .mp4 files…stay tuned.